Tuesday, April 24, 2007

EZ Link Mango Makkeh

I must report to all my readers a very strange incident that happened today, which involves a Makkeh and his energetic reverse pelvic thrusts.

It was about 0745 hrs. I was on the bus 55. And there was a Tamilan sitting in the seat in front of me.

How did I know he was a Tamilan? His hand phone's ring tone was 'Maamaa Maamaa Maamaa'. It rang fifteen times in the forty minute bus ride. I was intrigued enough to count. While I wish I could recount the content of his conversation, it was utterly forgettable.

He wanted to get off the bus at one of the bus stops along Jalan Eunos. He rang the bell to signal his intention to alight. He moved towards the door and waited for the bus to stop.

When the bus stopped and the door opened, he turned around and started rubbing the left part of his 'behind' on the EZ Link machine, or it seemed to be that way from where I was sitting.

He then uttered a sound of frustration, his forehead creased in concentration. He was thinking hard.

He decides on his course of action, which involved him using his entire behind, and began earnestly bumping against the EZ Link machine making all kinds of weird noises. One bump, two bump, three bump, four bump...

By this time, the bus driver and the five passengers were all watching him with utterly incredulous looks on their faces. I was involved in a tremendous personal battle to keep my face completely immobile.

Then suddenly we heard a loud beep. Our friend seemed relieved to hear this beep and bounded down the stairs. The driver moved off, and I saw the poor chap shaking his head in bewilderment.

Apparently, namba makkeh had put his EZ Link card in the back pocket of his jeans, and thought to tap his card to exit.

Only a mango makkeh will think that the most logical course of action to take when one has an EZ Link card in one's back pocket is to tap one's entire behind against the machine.

As the bus rolled away, I saw him take out the standard issue orange plastic comb from his back pocket, and run it through his greasy blonde streaked hair. I tried to picture him trying to comb his hair with his behind, and failed spectacularly. Unfortunately, my imagination at 8 am only goes so far.

Editor's Note: Perhaps these videos should shed more light on Yindian bus menaces.



Yindian decides he is too good to pay the bus fare



His brother-in-law joins in the fray



Not forgetting our senior citizens' contribution to the public transport system

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's just downright shameful. The videos i mean

Anonymous said...

*smackz the forehead*

Anonymous said...

what the...!!

jaymee said...

wth.seriously.
these guys kan totally embarass at times la.
-.-"

Anonymous said...

I have encountered such clowns on the bus, train and even soccer courts...being drunk gives them an excuse to get away with anything....M^%$^$^F^ers!!!!

ah_neh said...

send in your videos. we will make them famous. for the good of all mankind.

Anonymous said...

wadaney....tat was hilarious..."Macha nee ingey irankiriya" in the 1st video! But on a more serious note...these kinna jerks gotta to be annhilated! Imagine the other commuters reactions! Imagining any of yr kin being in the same bus as them...*growl*...*uncle is getting high blood pressure already*

deviousdiv said...

i thought I was going to burst a blood vessel in my head. It took an inhuman act to keep from laughing aloud.

I also wanted to shout out 'dei, just take out the damn card and tap it'.

Next time I encounter such an eejit, I shall tell him. I see that this is no isolated incident.

Beware, the Idiots are encroaching upon us.

deviousDiv

Anitha Reku said...

NOW THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! HAHAHAHA!!! ONLY A REAL MANGO MAKKEH WOULD DO IT!!!

gP said...

adengoya!!! Yeppa...okay...im not going to utilize my super genius idea of putting my apartment acess card in me shoes when I ride me bike. CHesse...a whole ass!!! THere are going to be people who never will touch the EZ machine (Its called Touch n Go here) anymore.

I couldnt c da vids, youtube is blocked in da government offices here.

Keling Kween said...

while you guys see the videos, click on them and go the youtube page and see what other people comment. people who are mainly non indian. its sad that all these KLKlowns will cause the rest of us such a horrendous name. i just hope people realise that majority of Indians know how to sit and behave themselves in a bus. The last uncle was apparently shouting at some noisy chinese kids. I guess his method was totally wrong but sometimes i feel like screaming at the annoying ones too. And not forgetting the ones who love blasting their music for the whole bus to hear. I mean seriously, we don't all share your music tastes!

Either way, i just hope this is a reminder to all Indians that you don't just represent yourself and your upbringing but the rest of us too. Unfair but that's just the way the world works huh?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kween,
I share your wish that such "manga makkeh" learn to behave better. But ppl who choose to stereo type all indians based on the behavior of some indians are no better than the "manga makkeh" themselves. Perhaps not good to let either group bother us too much. Be good for the sake of being good. That is best. Cheers.

deviousdiv said...

TODAY all annoyed people were vindicated when a makkeh was FINED by SMRT for creating a public nuisance because he was blasting his music for the whole MRT train carriage to here.

VINDICATED. The station manager was an Indian too!

Oru tamilan namba peyara kedutha, anta peyara kaaka pathu tamilan pongi varuvaanga.

[If one tamilan spoils our name, ten tamilans will rise in righteous anger to rescue it]

KLKillahs!

deviousDiv

Anonymous said...

That is great! That makkeh deserves it. But I have seen chinese guys, malays guys blast thier music in trains buses many many times. How come no bus conducter or station manager never ever does anything about it? A jerk is a jerk.. what difference does it make what races he is?

deviousdiv said...

Since the station Manager was Indian, and a good friend, he told me that 'it is shameful when an Indian youth makes a fool of the community's name'.

It takes people like this to break all the negative stereotypes that all of us deal with.

In the end, we look out for our own.

deviousdiv said...

Please note that I don't see Singapore's Indian community as a racial grouping as there is no such thing!

So in this context, it makes a difference what 'community' he comes from. Since the community also happens to be mine.

Noble said...

hahaha...amidst my 'hard' day at work...this post brightened my day! haha....its super hilarious to the point that my colleagues gave me a 'wat the hell r u laffing at' look!...weell well...nice job with the video!

redcentredoc said...

Nothing worse than typical anjadi behaviour. I thought these guys were all but phased out by our newer, smarter more sophisticated brethren from the mother country or not so sophisticated but nonetheless well behaved foreign Indian workers. I guess there will always be a generation of makkehs as you call them. Its been so many years since I have been away and am really surprised to hear that the legendary comb-in-the-backpocket tradition is still well and alive. I thought it was a passing phase in the 70s and 80s. Perhaps the makkehs hold a coming of age ceremony when it is handed from father to son. Once a pai-lang always a pai-lang for generations.